Join us on a Spanish immersion weekend in Puebla for four days and three nights. We will learn about this beautiful colonial city’s history, try delicious mole poblano, learn and participate in a hands-on Talavera painting workshop, and visit the archeological site and Pueblo Mágico in Cholula.
For those wanting to stay a little longer, we are offering the option of an additional two-night stay to visit la Ruta del mezcal Poblano and the smallest Mexican state of Tlaxcala, where we will get to see breathtaking, vibrant murals in the archeological sites of Cacaxtla & an incredible museum collection in Xochitecatl before heading home.
Day 1 – Thu 02/29/24 (D)
- Check-in at the boutique hotel – Hotel Casa Monarca after 3 p.m.
- Welcome dinner.
Day 2 – Fri 03/01/24 (B)
- Historic Center Walking Tour.
- Happy Hour.
Day 3 – Sat 03/02/24 (B, L)
- Talavera gallery visit & painting workshop.
- Walking Tour in El Pueblo Mágico de Cholula – *archeological site & museum visit*
Day 4 – Sun 03/03/24 (B)
- 5 de Mayo passageway & museum visit
- Check-out and departure.
Day 5 (extended trip) – Mon 03/04/24 (B, L)
- Day trip to La Ruta Mezcalera (Three distilleries)
Day 6 (extended trip) – Tue 03/05/24 (B, L)
- Arqueological sites Cacaxtla & Xochitecatl
Pricing & Registration (10 spots)
- $1,120 – Shared accommodation – 2 people/room (2 spots).
- $1,320 – Single accommodation – 1 person/room (8 spots).
- Additional $880 for the two-day extension trip.
- Pricing for the base trip for current students is $1020/shared accommodation & $1,220/single accommodation.
- Pricing for the two-day extension trip for current students is $780.
- Registration includes lodging, transportation, most meals, activities & guides (airfare not included).
- A non-refundable deposit of $550 is required to reserve your spot. The remaining balance will be due 30 days later after the first payment.
- 10 Spots are available.
- To RSVP, click below, and then we will send you an invoice.
- You may bring a +1 as long as they are willing to speak in Spanish at all times.
- A travel waiver & proof of travel insurance are required.
- Meals included per day (B, L, D) B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner
- Terms & conditions apply.